Neil Palmer is a Senior Associate responsible for b+a’s litigation practice.
Neil is a highly skilled lawyer with extensive litigation and dispute resolution experience having acted in a wide range of matters.
Neil’s areas of expertise include:
- Commercial disputes (e.g. contractual disputes; breach of consumer guarantees disputes; misleading and deceptive conduct disputes; negligence disputes);
- Property related disputes (e.g. sale of land disputes; commercial leasing disputes; building and construction disputes; strata disputes);
- Environmental planning disputes (e.g. development approval disputes; compulsory land acquisition compensation disputes); and
- Wills and estates disputes (e.g. family provision disputes).
Given the broad scope of b+a’s litigation practice, Neil regularly acts in proceedings in the Federal Court of Australia, Supreme Court of NSW, Land and Environment Court of NSW, District Court of NSW, Local Court of NSW and the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
Neil is passionate about his work and prides himself on developing strong relationships with his clients. Neil’s clients appreciate his drive and his ability to:
- identify, clearly, the issues in dispute;
- appreciate how those issues impact his clients’ particular interests;
- explain complex legal and procedural matters so that they are easily understood;
- deliver comprehensive legal advice in a timely manner;
- action his clients’ instructions diligently; and
- critically, achieve commercial results.
Whilst Neil is a seasoned litigator, he is, first and foremost, pragmatic, and he recognises that litigation is only one tool at his disposal. Accordingly, Neil will often advise his clients to consider non-litigious alternative dispute resolution options available to them (e.g. negotiation; mediation; conciliation) and will strive to bring their disputes to an end as cost-effectively as possible.
Bachelor of Laws
Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Management) Honours Class 1